Moist pound cake iced with raspberry yogurt and whipped cream frosting? Yes please!!!!
You can never go wrong with a good pound cake for dessert. And this quick and super easy pound cake is heavenly! It is so light and fluffy while yet so rich.
I iced it with my yogurt and whipped cream frosting from my pancake mix recipe, but also added crushed raspberries to give a light berry flavor.
Below is the recipe! Enjoy and Happy Friday!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour a loaf pan; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; add vanilla and salt.
- Add heavy cream.
- With mixer on low, gradually add flour, beating just until combined.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan 10 minutes and invert onto a wire rack, and turn upright to cool completely.
Yogurt & Whipped Cream Frosting
2 cups of cool whip
3 tablespoons sugar
2 cups Greek yogurt (plain)
1-2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ cup of smashed raspberries
- In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients and gently fold until smooth.
- That’s it! Super easy!
Note: After icing, the pound cake must be refrigerated.